Pre-Marketing: SAC Capital faces insider trading probe
* What did SAC Capital know, and when did it know it? SEC investigates MedImmune trades from 2007.
* Paul Hyman: Why has H1-B visa demand plummeted?
* Dave Sekera: Is Japan next on the credit downgrade list?
* Ben Parr: Microsoft’s Steve Ballmer conundrum
* Fred Wilson: Enough is enough on software patents
* Survey says: Most Americans still believe the country is in a recession
* Paul Carr: Airbnb’s $1 billion valuation should be a wakeup call to independent hotels
* Nicholas Carson: A mystery bank is buying up Facebook shares at an $80 billion valuation
* Letter: Private equity trade group comments on Dodd-Frank’s proposed compensation rules
* Get Term Sheet’s daily email on deals and deal-makers, by going to www.GetTermSheet.com
* Tweet of the Day: @ScottKirsner Funny new term: “divot,” a change in strategic direction based on a screw-up (as opposed to a “pivot.”)