* Joseph Cotterill: If you prick a sovereign, why does it not bleed?
* Ben Protess: Finally, a fraudulent mortgage lender is headed to prison
* Nelson Rose: Will federal indictments end online poker? Did prohibition end drinking?
* Morning Call: U.S. futures point higher, London opens strong, European shares climb and the Nikkei gains on Apple earnings.
* Jeff Cox: $6 gas could happen if the dollar keeps weakening
* Matt Haughey: In defense of Twitter co-founder Ev Williams
* J. Alex Tarquinio: What happens when QE2 ends?
* Kyle Smith: Jesse Jackson Jr. versus the iPad
* More VC deals data: This time from Dow Jones
* Ronald Barusch: More reasons for NYSE to reject Nasdaq/ICE
* Still not getting Term Sheet’s morning email? Sign up here!
* Graphic of the Day: Interactive chart of bank pay and bonuses for 2010
* Shira Ovide: Hertz tries to crush Zipcar. Might just be easier to buy Zipcar (ZIP)….
* John Gapper: When Blankfien leaves, Goldman (GS) should split the chairman and CEO jobs
* Tweet of the Day: @editorialiste let’s stop using “circling back” in e-mails. your cubicle is not a fighter jet.