* Bond Girl to Meredith Whitney: States are not like banks
* Danny Robinson: Banks may represent the next wave of funding for Internet startups
* Carlyle Group boss David Rubenstein on China: “I feel more welcome there than the halls of Congress.”
* Elizabeth Warren talks to Wall Street
* Bill Gross: Say goodbye to double-digit returns
* Singapore’s sov wealth fund: Emerging private equity, property look better than stocks
* Stephen Rasmussen launches a series of blog posts on the controversial IPO of PE-backed microfinance lender SKS
* Gizmodo finds the plans for Steve Jobs’ new manse
* Harvard Square is about to get its third Starbucks. BRING BACK THE TASTY!
* Tweet of the Day: @yoyoha To his dogs, Pavlov was remembered as nothing more than a gigantic tease.
* Tweet of the Day II: @BorowitzReport Excited about the New York Times’ pay wall. How much are they going to pay us to read it?