GM Cleared in Second Verdict Over Crash Blamed on Ignition Switch by Reuters @FortuneMagazine August 25, 2016, 6:11 PM EDT E-mail Tweet Facebook Linkedin Share icons A Texas jury said on Thursday a General Motors ignition switch was not to blame for a fatal 2011 crash, according to a statement from the company. The verdict in Harris County, Texas, is the second in favor of GM gm this year in a lawsuit over a recalled ignition switch that has been linked to nearly 400 injuries and deaths. Plaintiff Zachary Stevens claimed a defective switch caused him to lose control of his 2007 Saturn Sky and crash into another vehicle, killing the other driver. GM said his reckless driving was at fault. Get Data Sheet, Fortune’s technology newsletter. During the trial, which opened Aug. 9, Stevens’ lawyers pushed back against GM and noted their client suffered a severe head wound in the crash. Manslaughter charges initially filed against him were dropped after GM recalled 2.6 million vehicles with the switch in 2014, according to his lawsuit. Jurors deliberated for less than an hour before returning a unanimous verdict for GM, according to company spokesman Jim Cain. “We asked the jury to evaluate Zach Stevens’ case on the facts and they did,” Cain said in a statement. “The accident had nothing to do with the ignition switch.” GM Pays $900 Million to Settle Ignition Claims A lawyer for Stevens could not immediately be reached for comment. The case was the third involving the switch to go to trial since the beginning of the year. The first was voluntarily dismissed by plaintiffs mid-trial, and the second resulted in a verdict clearing GM of liability for a 2014 crash in New Orleans. GM has paid roughly $2 billion in criminal and civil penalties and settlements in connection with the switch, which can rotate out of position and cut power to steering, brakes and air bags. The company previously admitted that some of its employees knew about the switch defect for years before a recall was initiated.