By Robert Hackett
February 16, 2016

Even while Star Wars: The Force Awakens continues to rake in massive profits, smashing box office records in the United States, the film franchise has gone back into production.

The Disney-owned (dis) saga said Monday that it has started filming Star Wars: Episode VIII, though the film has yet to be titled.

Get Data Sheet, Fortune’s technology newsletter.

A 34-second video that picks up where the last movie left off accompanied the news. The clip features Luke Skywalker (Mark Hammill) and Rey (Daisy Ridley) briefly—albeit intensely—staring at each other on a seaside cliff.

Rian Johnson, the writer and director of the upcoming film, abruptly yells “cut!” from a director’s chair. “Ladies and gentlemen,” he says, surrounded by his film crew, “welcome to episode eight.”

The upcoming Star Wars film will feature some new actors, the release said, including Benicio Del Toro, Laura Den, and Kelly Marie Tran. The first phase of the film’s production—principal photography—began at Pinewood Studios in London on Feb. 15.

Last month Disney said that it had postponed the new film’s release by seven months, thus giving an upcoming interstitial Star Wars film some breathing room. That movie, Rogue One, is set to appear Dec. 16, while Episode VIII is scheduled to debut in theaters on Dec. 15, 2017.

SPONSORED FINANCIAL CONTENT

You May Like

EDIT POST