How do you measure the success—or failure—of the Apple Watch?
Some benchmarks from my morning notes:
- 80% — Apple’s current share of the smartwatch market
- 21 million —Projected first year sales (estimate by Asymco’s Horace Dediu)
- 100 million —Projected sales by 2017 (estimate by Creative Strategies’ Ben Bajarin)
- 30% —Percentage of Apple Watch buyers who weren’t previously wearing anything on their wrist
- 6.9 seconds —Average Apple Watch interaction (versus 38 seconds on the iPhone)
- 85% —Percentage of Apple Watch owners who say the device has contributed to their health
- 27% —Percentage of Apple Watch owners who say they’ve lost weight
- 82% —Percentage of early adopters who say they have given an Apple Watch as a gift
- 46% —Percentage of Apple Watch owners who have used their nose as an input device
Disclosure: I was a participant in one of Thursday’s panels.
For more on Apple, check out the following Fortune video: