This post is in partnership with Food & Wine. The article below was originally published at FoodAndWine.com.
By Carly Fisher, Food & Wine
Auckland, New Zealand
Taking a cue from New York’s Times Square, Bangkok’s Central World Mall has a 69-foot ball drop at midnight—but with an infinitely better climate and with Thai pop stars subbing for Dick Clark. It’s customary to make offerings of food, candles and flowers to monks at the nine sacred Buddhist temples, like Wat Phra Kaew and Wat Pho.
See the rest of the list at FoodandWine.com.
More from Food & Wine:
- New Year’s Eve Recipes for a Crowd
- Champagne Pairings for a New Year’s Eve Party
- New Year’s Sparkling Wine Cocktails
- Recipes for Your New Year’s Eve Bash
- Post Holiday Detox Recipes