Looking for a craft cocktail without having to change out of your robe and slippers? Check into the dockyard-chic Mondrian Sea Containers, which opened in October on London’s happening South Bank. Its minibar is built around a line of “flexible, attentively crafted” pre-bottled drinks designed by the hotel’s resident drink guru, Ryan Chetiyawardana, for those who “crave the magic of a cocktail but lack the energy or want to be in the bar.”
Here’s an annotated look at the Mondrian minibar.
1. White flower-and-citrus bitters accent the gin-based Frosted Martini.
2. Chetiyawardana recommends topping the Bright Eyed Collins with seltzer, or Champagne “for the truly heroic.”
3. The Beeswax Old Fashioned, a twist on the classic, gets its viscosity straight from the hive.
4. Vintage-inspired cut-crystal glassware keeps with the Mondrian’s trans-Atlantic theme—and makes in-room drinking feel proper.
5. Mr. Trotter’s Great British Pork Cracklings are made from English hogs by food writer (and royal in-law) Tom Parker Bowles.
6. Beloved Covent Garden confectionary Hope & Greenwood supplies candies in flavors like Rhubarb & Custard, Blueberry Muffin and Fizzy Coca-Cola.
7. For the morning after, the Hangover Kit includes detoxifying Drinkwell vitamins, a 5 Hour Energy shot and packets of Alka Seltzer and Berocca.