FORTUNE — Billboard reported Friday that Apple (AAPL) was “thinking about” about adding an iTunes App for Google (GOOG) Android phones. Some of the instant analysis on Twitter was pretty smart. A few one-liners that caught my eye:
- @stroughtonsmith: iTunes won because it made owning easier than piracy. Subscription services will invariably win because they’re easier than owning.
- @reneritchie: I’d much rather have iTunes for iCloud than iTunes for Android. Then I could listen/watch anywhere. http://www.imore.com/itunes-icloud-could-apple-media-become-ubiquitous-web
- @TwitterMusic: Later this afternoon, we will be removing Twitter #music from the App Store. If you have the app, it will continue to work until April 18.
- @ericjackson: “@hannahkuchler: Long time coming: Twitter to shutdown its music app next month http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/21/twitter-music-shutdown/” shocker
- @BenedictEvans: Remember when music (email, file formats) was a great platform lock-in? The only lock-in that works is a consistently good product