FORTUNE — After more than five years writing an Apple (AAPL) blog, I think I’ve heard ’em all, from fanboy and lemming to sheeple and iCrap. What is it about this company that attracts such passionate detractors?
I’ve started a list. Feel free to add.
- Apple is arrogant. “Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world…”*
- Apple is closed. Look at the walls around the App Store.
- Apple wants total dominance. Remember Adobe Flash?
- Apple is greedy. What’s it doing with $144.7 billion?
- Apple’s stuff is overpriced. I can buy a Dell for $299.
- Apple’s stuff doesn’t work. Just look at the Maps app.
- Apple is the darling of Wall Street. $705 a share?
- Apple is Wall Street’s goat. Mr. Market has spoken.
- Apple has lost its mojo. Just one name: Tim Cook.
- Apple is doomed. R.I.P. Steve Jobs.
*From the boilerplate at the end of Apple’s press releases.