FORTUNE — How does Apple’s
share price respond to a high-profile media event in which there are few surprises?
You can read too much into a chart like the one above, but it suggests that Mr. Market was:
- Disappointed with the unsurprising name of the new iPhone
- Pleased with the engineering specs and other details as they unfolded
- Lost interest during the rehashing of iOS 6 features that he saw in June
- Perked up when the prices were announced
- Liked what he saw in the new iPod nano and iPod touch
- Started to lose hope when “one more thing” turned out to be new earbuds
- Chastised the stock mildly when it was clear that we will have to wait a bit longer for the iPad mini, a new iMac, Apple TV news, etc.
- Came to his senses before the trading day ended
Apple closed at $669.79, up $9.20 (1.39%) for the day.