What Obama wants to do for the next four years.
FORTUNE — President Obama is scheduled to speak at 10pm tonight here in Charlotte, and there have been persistent rumors that he’ll have some new, specific economic policy proposals. In the meantime, his campaign has just released speech excerpts that include several new promises (which, without surrounding context, are different from policies).
Some are kind of new, some we’ve heard before. Here they are:
- Create one million new manufacturing jobs by the end of 2016
- Double exports by the end of 2014
- Cut net oil imports in half by 2020
- Support 600,000 natural gas jobs by the end of the decade
- Cut the growth of college tuition in half over the next 10 years
- Recruit 100,000 math and science teachers over the next 10 years
- Train two million workers for real jobs at community colleges
- Reduce the deficit by more than $4 trillion over the next decade