* Beyond Coty: Avon has a new suitor
* Zach Carter: Bank of America sues itself
* Tyler Cowen: The age of the shadow bank run
* On deck: Carlyle seeking $8 billion IPO valuation
* No go IPO: Chinese issuers feel a chill
* J.P. Morgan: Four reasons for the equities sell-off
* Dylan Tweney: Why Facebook bought Instagram instead of Path
* Megan McArdle: 4 politically-charged issues on which economists agree
* Get Liquid: Term Sheet is coming to Washington, DC on May 1. Join us!
* Matt Groening: “Springfield” in The Simpsons is named after Springfield, Oregon
* Tweet of the Day: @grossdm And from a political perspective, it is a little mystifying why the Obama campaign isn’t rebranding the Buffett Rule as the Romney Rule.