The Kindle Fire may “vaporize” the market for every for-profit tablet maker except Apple
As for Apple’s prospects in the current quarter, Cihra (formerly at Caris & Co.) has
- Trimmed his Q1 2012 Apple revenue estimate to $39.1 billion (from $39.4 billion)
- Trimmed his EPS estimate to $10.26 from ($10.28)
- Trimmed his iPad estimate to 14 million units (from 15 million) to account for “channel inventory reductions heading into March’s iPad refresh”
- Raised his Mac estimate to 5.2 million units (from 5.0 million) on strong sales of the MacBook Air and Pro
- Raised his gross margin estimate to 41.1% on the rising contribution of the iPhone (estimated sales this quarter: 30 million units) to the company’s bottom line.