By Dan Primack
October 17, 2011

Sponsor Auto Finance Holdings Series — a consortium of Warburg Pincus, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts and Centerbridge Partners — has bought a 25% stake in the US consumer finance business of Spanish bank Santander. The money will be used to boost Santander’s balance sheet. www.warburgpincus.com

Bain Capital will buy Japanese restaurant chain Skylark from Nomura Holdings for $1.7 billion (128 billion yen), Reuters reports.

Onex, a Canadian private equity group, is facing off against Canadian pension fund manager Caisse de Dépôt et Placement du Québec and the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation to acquire Axa Private Equity, the FT reports.

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20

Silver Lake Partners is working with the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and Microsoft to buy Yahoo, the Wall Street Journal reports. At least nine private-equity firms have been weighing a buyout of Yahoo. Yahoo’s Jerry Yang says the company is not necessarily for sale.

Advent International is investing in American Heart of Poland, an operator of cardiovascular treatment units in Poland. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. http://www.adventinternational.com

Cerberus and Chatham Lodging trust have reached an agreement with Innkeepers USA that clears the way for the sale of 64 Innkeepers hotels to a Cerberus-Chatham joint venture for approximately $1.02 billion. www.omnimgt.com/innkeepers/

BC Partners, Cinven, Blackstone, TPG, and Bain are mulling a bid for a majority stake in British frozen food retailer Iceland Foods, Reuters reports. The firms will compete with supermarket groups Asda, owned by Wal-Mart, and Wm Morrison, according to the report.

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 19

Permira has bought Alcatel-Lucent’s Genesys call center software business for $1.5 billion. www.alcatel-lucent.com

Carlyle, Bain, and Advent International all want to buy credit reporting firm TransUnion, Reuters reports. TransUnion is majority owned by Madison Dearborn Partners, which is also weighing an initial public offering for TransUnion.

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 18

Affinity Equity Partners has acquired a majority stake in Primo Smallgoods, an Australian meat products company, for around A$740 million, according to Reuters. Affinity will hold a 70% stake in Primo, while the founding Lederer family will hold the remaining 30%. www.affinityequity.com

Bunker Hill Capital
 has invested an undisclosed amount in DeyFischer Consulting , a Sedalia, Mo.-based SAP consulting firm. No financial terms were disclosed. Bunker Hill plans to merge DeyFischer with existing portfolio company /N Sprowww.deyficsher.com

CIVC Partners
 has sponsored a management buyout of Honor Finance, an Evanston, Ill.-based provider of auto finance origination and service for subprime customers. No financial terms were disclosed.www.honorfinance.com

Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.MBK Partners and South Korean shopping mall operator Interpark Corp. are among the bidders for a majority stake in iMarketKorea Inc., a procurement unit controlled by Samsung Group , according to Reuters. The deal could be valued at around $326 million, with Goldman Sachs managing the process.

MONDAY, OCTOBER 17

ABRY Partners has sponsored a management buyout of Xand Corp., a Hawthorne, N.Y.-based provider of data center infrastructure, collocation, private cloud and business continuity services. No financial terms were disclosed. DH Capital advised Xand on the deal. www.xand.com

The Blackstone Group has agreed to acquire Antares Restaurant Group from Anchorage Capital Partners. No financial terms were disclosed. Antares holds exclusive franchise development rights for Burger King in New Zealand, and operates 75 locations.www.blackstone.com

The Carlyle Group
 has led the acquisition of an 80% stake in GDC Technology, a provider of servers for digital cinemas in Asia. The deal was valued at around $75 million, according to Reuters. The investor consortium also included Yunfeng Capital, while sellers included Li-Ka Shing. www.carlyle.com

J.C. Flowers & Co.
 has agreed to acquire insurance company Fidea from Belgian financial group KBC for EUR 243.6 million. www.jcfco.com

Littlejohn & Co. has acquired SunSource Holdings Inc., an Addison, Ill.-based distributor of fluid power and motion control technologies, from CHS Capital. No financial terms were disclosed. www.littlejohnllc.com

Mid Europa Partners
 has acquired a 65% stake in Turkish hospital operator Kent Hospital Group. No financial terms were disclosed for the deal, which includes a path to 90% ownership. www.mideuropa.com

Open Link Financial
, a portfolio company of TA Associates, has agreed to acquire SolArc Inc., a Houston-based provider of commodity management software. No financial terms were disclosed. Sellers include Technology Crossover Ventures. www.solarc.com

Get last week’s PE deals

You May Like

EDIT POST