* Too big to ignore: Gov’t to sue 12 big banks over mortgage-backed securities
* Scott Weiss: How to make a company ridiculously transparent
* Jesse Eisinger: Could Buffett’s investment erode confidence in both BoA and the broader banking sector?
* Catwalk cat-fight: Why the fashion industry is angry with Tumblr
* Settlement: J Crew and its PE owners to pay $16 million over the retailer’s buyout
* Chart of the Day: Standard work hours around the world
* The education of Bill Maris: How one entrepreneur’s history shaped Google Ventures
* Sarah Lacy: Andrew Mason’s Silicon Valley problem is that he’s not in Silicon Valley
* Still not getting our daily Term Sheet emails? Sign up here!
* Joshua Green: Why the gun industry (secretly) loves Obama
* Bic Stevens: The case for an angel investment tax credit in Mass.
* Will they ever learn? Banks are still fabricating foreclosure documents
* Complete sentences lose their cache: Columbia B-School is limiting application essays to 200 characters