* Michael de la Merced: How AT&T got into a standoff with the government
* How to judge a storm’s fury: The “Waffle House Index”
* Seriously? Yet another Apple employee left another unreleased iPhone in a bar
* U.S. household incomes: A 42-year perspective
* Jeff Reeves: Four blue-chippers ripe for spin-offs
* Lisen Stromberg: My neighbor, Steve Jobs
* Ryan Lawler: MobiTV’s IPO filing is not a pretty picture
* Irreplaceable? What happened to 10 tech companies when they lost their founders?
* Irene aftermath: A small-town Adirondack library needs your help
* Sign up for Term Sheet’s daily email at GetTermSheet.com
* Memo: Goldman Sachs takes a dim economic view in private note to hedge fund clients
* Tweet of the Day: @EpicureanDeal Businessmen are only free market capitalists on Sunday, in church. The rest of the week they like market concentration.