* Merger Monday: PNC buying the U.S. retail banking group of RBC for $3.45 billion
* Did Skype fire execs to avoid acquisition-related payouts? If so, its PE sponsors and Microsoft have some explaining to do.
* Roben Farzad: Why Apple isn’t in the Dow
* Strangers among us: The NY Fed’s top embeds
* Derek Thompson: Why China’s ghost towns matter for our economy
* Peter Whoriske: Gap keeps growing between wealthy and everyone else
* Michael de la Merced: The magical accounting of web startups
* Lots of people steal content, but you don’t expect it from a sitting Congressman. I guess Rep. Canseco (R-TX) was out the day they went over copyright law.