But in the smartphone race, Android’s lead grew slightly, according to Millennial Media
- The iPhone is still the top phone in Millennial’s ad network, for the 20th month in a row
- Apple is still the leading mobile manufacturer, with a 30% share
- When breaking down ad revenue driven by apps, iOS devices were still narrowly ahead of Google (GOOG) Android devices, 45% to 43% (in April iOS had 50% to Android’s 39%)
- Ad impressions from iPad grew 29% from April
On the other hand,
- The Android phones’ lead over the iPhone grew slightly, from 53% and 28% in April to 53% and 27% in May.
- Against all odds, Research in Motion (RIMM) and so-called feature phones actually gained share last month.
Millennial Media bills itself as the leading independent mobile ad and data network. Below: Their monthly “Smartphone, Feature Phone & Connected Device Impression Share Mix” pie charts. You can download the full report here.