* James Altucher: 10 reasons you should stop buying stocks
* Overthinking it: The economics of death star planet destruction
* Morning Call: U.S. futures point lower, London opens soft, European shares dip and the Nikkei is closed.
* Groupon to Donald Trump: You’re fired!
* Peter Eckersley: Why we need an open wireless movement
* Connie Loizos: Catching up with Facebook exile Noah Kagan
* Economist: What makes The Carlyle Group different from all other PE firms?
* The numbers are in: McDonald’s hired 62,000 workers in its one-day HR binge
* Conversation is the new attention: Redefining the speaker/audience dynamic at conferences
* Double standard alert: AOL
says that its reporters cannot invest in the companies they cover. Unless the reporter is named Michael Arrington.
* Citigroup drops Ben Stein as a keynote speaker at its upcoming event for pensions and endowments. Not for being consistently wrong about most everything, but for telling a sexist joke.
* Warren Buffett says he will answer any Sokol-related questions during next week’s annual meeting: “You will not hear no comment. If our lawyer gets up and wrestles me to the ground I will still talk.”