For the first time in decades, Apple’s net income has overtaken Microsoft’s
One by one, the bragging rights are going Steve Jobs’ way.
- In May 2010, Apple’s AAPL market cap passed Microsoft’s MSFT .
- In October, Apple overtook Microsoft in total revenue.
- On Thursday, when Microsoft reported its earnings for the March quarter, Steve Ballmer lost what edge he still had. Microsoft’s net income for calendar Q1 2011 was $5.23 billion. Apple’s was $5.99 billion.
Also on Fortune.com:
- Jobs’ is now bigger than Ballmer’s
- Ballmer’s is still bigger than Jobs’
- Apple overtakes Microsoft, is now No. 2
[Follow Philip Elmer-DeWitt on Twitter @philiped]