* Peter Lattman: The private equity parallels with Buffett/Sokol
* Ronald Barusch: A time bomb in the Texas Instruments/National Semi deal
* Maryam Omidi: What will the new super-exchange be named? NYSDAQNext?
* Morning Call: U.S. futures point higher, London rises early, European shares fall and the Nikkei drops on output concerns.
* Gady Epstein: Who trusts China?
* Buttonwood: The five stages of sovereign debt grief
* Open government: New York City data is now available to entrepreneurs
* Ben Horowitz: The most difficult CEO skill is managing your own psychology
* Video: Michael Steinhardt says Warren Buffett has “managed to achieve a snow job that has conned virtually everyone in the press.”
* 10 big tech stocks have outperformed Apple
this year, and they all have something in common
* The indefatigable Heidi Moore returns to the full-time online grind, as part of her MarketPlace gig. But “don’t call it a blog.”
* Tweet of the Day: @ChadwickMatlin Government shutdown eerily shadowing plot of Parks and Rec Season 2. Just need Rob Lowe to head back to the White House.
* Tweet of the Day II: @jbarro Median respondent in CNN poll guessed 5% of federal budget is spent on public broadcasting. That would be $178 billion.http://bit.ly/exFR2v