* Matthew Ingram: Why Google still needs to buy a Groupon clone
* Tami Luhby: Texas’ love/hate relationship with Washington’s money
* Philip Delves Broughton on Jeff Immelt’s qualifications to be jobs czar: “G.E. may be wonderful in many respects, but U.S. job creation isn’t one of them.”
* Morningstar: 6 retail M&A targets to watch
* What me worry? SAC Capital’s Steven Cohen is going to Davos
* Paul Sullivan: For investing big bonuses, boring is in
* RBS returns to court to prevent former Liverpool owners from filing suit
* Shira Ovide: Did Google just reduce the demand for Demand Media’s IPO?
* Cuckoo? Barclays plans to use coco bonds to pay a portion of future bonuses
* Jeff Cornwall: How to save face and avoid becoming an entrepreneurial bully
* Today in insider trading: Morgan Stanley banker investigated for leaking merger info to Raj Rajaratnam
* Today in insider trading II: Warner Music Group chairman and CEO Edgar Bronfman Jr. found guilty of insider trading by a French court.
* Still not getting our daily Term Sheet emails? Are you still using AOL dial-up too? Sign up today!
* Tweet of the Day: @jhurliman Free biz plan – Uber cab for VCs. We track 4sq checkins, offer investors a lift, and give your elevator pitch on the ride home