* John Battelle: What’s really driving Groupon
* Irony alert: Have Silicon Valley VCs lost their appetite for silicon?
* Lindsay Whipp: All Japan wants for Christmas is Kentucky Fried Chicken
* Philippe Espinasse: An unwelcome focus on the greenshoe
* Long live loopholes: NVCA gloats over its carried interest tax win
* Josh Gordon: Content marketing lessons from the year’s top tweet
* Motoko Rich: Temporary workers are looking more permanent
* Matthew Ingram: Painful or not, Yahoo is doing what needs to be done
* Overplayed: Facebook shares sell on secondary market at a $56 billion valuation. Remember, none of the buyers have any internal financial data. As such, don’t expect these private market valuations to be mirrored by Facebook’s (eventual) public market valuation.