Marissa Mayer Google VP of Search Products and User Experience and (monetization man)Ben Ling today announced a new Google Image search page.
Update: Google has a posted to its blog on the subject and a video embedded below:
– Google Images does 1 billion pageviews a day (impressive!)
– Many unexpected uses like “how to build a treehouse” or pulling line art to make coloring books.
– Ben Ling: Numbers: 2001 (launch) 250 million photos. 2005: 1 billion images. today: 10 billion
– With the new interface, you can now get 1000 images on a single search result page.
– Now there will be ads on Google Images -(Add 1 billion more places Google will have ads – $$$$$ – and now you know what Ling was up to )
-Here’s an incredible capability from the Blog post:
– You can now do geo-searching and time searches on images based on metadata (this will be very cool!).
– 10% of users are getting new version now. By end of week, everyone should get it (scaling out).
That’s all for now (http://images.google.com is still old for me – for you?)
I’ll be looking for a blog post or special announcement and update this page when it becomes available.