Apple’s tablet does it all — gets e-mail, surfs the Web, plays movies, chops peppers
Apparently Stephen Colbert didn’t get enough laughs — and Apple (AAPL) enough free publicity — when he pulled that iPad out from under his suit jacket during his Grammy monologue last January.
Because he was at it again Thursday night on Comedy Central’s Colbert Report, showing off his iPad and cracking wise. The jokes that got the biggest laughs:
- Of course, the big story tonight is … I have an iPad. Now, never mind how I got it. I had two kidneys. Luckily, there is an app that filters urine.
- Newsweek liked [the iPad] so much, they made it their first non-Obama cover in 15 months. This is like a full page cover ad that Apple didn’t have to pay for. Unlike the Amazon Kindle on the back. “Oh look, the screen has both black and gray. Myrtle, get my calm pills.”
- If you’ve got an iPhone already, a lot of it will be very familiar to you. The same touch screen technology. The same apps. And just like the iPhone, you can’t make calls with it.
To see how the iPad makes salsa, you have to go to the video:
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Via: All Things Digital
- Free advertising: Stephen Colbert and Pee Wee Herman get Apple iPads
- Steve Jobs’ big night at the Oscars
[Follow Philip Elmer-DeWitt on Twitter @philiped]